Jenny and David Dearlove have been teaching English as a foreign language for over 20 years and 30 years respectively. Jenny is now the senior teacher with a strong background in language, and although David has retired from active teaching, he is still the grammar expert … and he makes the best coffee at break time!
Sarah Lane began teaching English to foreign speakers thirty years ago when she went to live in Spain. Since then her teaching has been wide-ranging, but TEFL is still her first love.
It is the meeting of minds that most attracts her, and the challenge of helping someone express themselves in another language.
Of course we, and all our teachers, are university graduates with wide experience of teaching English at all levels.
People study with us for many reasons, most obviously to promote their career, but also to help with exams, travel and communication.
We have helped people with diverse backgrounds at all stages of their lives:
- Architects from Naples
- Members of the European Parliament
- Managers in sport, advertising, manufacturing and more
- TV programme-makers and cameramen
- From the world of antiques - a furniture restorer and an auctioneer
- From the world of medicine - doctors including a gait specialist and therapists
- Teachers and students at school, university and post-graduate levels
- Mechanical and chemical engineers
- People working in logistics which covers transport, business, management, import/export, sensitive material handling and ...geography!
- Writers, translators, musicians and artists
- People with hands-on jobs such as specialist bakers
- Lawyers, civils servants, secretaries and receptionists
- Businessmen and women and those working in human resources